It is currently 27 Oct 2020 02:34

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Glad to be hear 

Post Glad to be hear
Building a mirrored pair of 15/6/1's plus one 15Sub to serve as my main keyboard rig, but also occasionally for PA duty.

I've been getting slaughtered at talkbass for straying from spec. I fully expect that beating to continue here.

There have been some constructive criticisms that have swayed me back towards more strictly spec.

Anyway, very psyched to have nearly everything in hand and be able to assemble. I've already sawed all cuts, but of 11/16 Birch instead of 1/2. That deviation has stoked the chorus against me, "You're violating the objective of LIGHT and loud!"

Well, it's going to get worse because I'm casing them on 4-sides in solid 1/2 or 3/4 hardwood.

Worse yet, a combination of impatience and opportunity led me to substitute Celestion drivers/horns instead of the spec. Otherwise, all parts are spec [15/mid/xovers], as is virtually all of the cabinets' interior-area, port, and bracing.

After completion, hopefully I'll have a chance to A-B mine against a strictly-spec cab.

Cheers

04 Aug 2020 19:42
fEARful fan

Post Re: Glad to be hear
Welcome to the forum!
Spend some time reading reading through the many discussions here.
I'll not beat you up on your plans for wood thickness. If you're willing to lug around heavier cabinets, far be it for me (or anyone else) to criticize you.
I can't comment on the high frequency driver you plan to use because of lack of knowledge on my part.

05 Aug 2020 10:46
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]