It is currently 24 Nov 2020 08:35

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 A seeker wants to say hello to become a finder 
fEARful fan

Post A seeker wants to say hello to become a finder
Hi there everybody!

My name is Bernhard, professional programmer and hobby musician from Hamburg, Germany.

I'm currently on my quest for the proper sound reinforcement system for my sonic endeavours - as almost everybody is that joins these halls i suppose.

After looking through commercial solutions for my needs, Fearful was the first name drop when i got aware of the diy scene around cabinets. So i searched and read about those cabinets shrouded in legend. Appropriately the gates to the forum where closed for the uninitiated so i looked into the BFM designs more and more. Mainly because of space saving and handling issues i started looking into Fearful's again and so here i am.

I've already described my situation over at BFM (https://billfitzmaurice.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25740) and at TalkBass (https://www.talkbass.com/threads/on-my-search-for-amplification.1473829). So i want to keep it a bit more personal in this post:

I'm fascinated by the more extreme side of sound reinforcement. I like loud and visceral live experiences. Melvins, Sleep, Sunn o))), Boris, Swans, Conan - just a few concert experiences i can think of the top of my head that pushed the boundaries for me of what is possible.
I'm for myself are fiddling around with all sorts of instruments in an autodidactic manner (with the piano as an exception) for as long as i can think - not being good at any of those by measurements of virtuosity and control over the instrument (maybe with the piano as an exception again).

After some rather disappointing band experiences and making music at home for a long time i found myself plugging a mic into a delay pedal and looper for my son and daughter for them to have some fun with it. Turned out i had much more fun with it on a long term basis, chanting and humming and stacking layers for quite some time. And really enjoying creating thick soundscapes.
Over time i incorporated more and more into the mix, always trying to enhance the solidity of the sound: Pedals (octave, reverb, delay), my Moog Subsequent 37, a big shaman drum and a floor tom that i try to mic and run through effect pedals as well (with mediocre results atm).

While experimenting and playing around i wished more and more to not only crank my headphones but to amplify this stuff in a proper manner. So i rented into a shared rehearsal space and immediately realised that the existing PA is not nearly capable for what i was doing.

From there a growingly intense search for possible solutions to push enough air started and now i want to evaluate the presumption that i could utilise fearful's for this purpose.

I will firstly dive into the forum with special attention on the 1515/66/1 and sub frequency abilities and possible start another thread with specific questions.

Last but not least, thank you Greenboy and Foz for inviting me!

28 Jul 2020 05:35
fEARful fan

Post Re: A seeker wants to say hello to become a finder
G'day Bernhard,
Welcome and have fun moving as much air as you possibly can!

Peter

Godin A5 Ultra SA

28 Jul 2020 21:02
fEARful fan

Post Re: A seeker wants to say hello to become a finder
Thank you Peter!

29 Jul 2020 05:30
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]